Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tank Trouble

Tank Trouble 3 months 2 weeks ago #71585

• Aquamoo
  • Poecilia reticulata
Hi I put my 2 oscars (both about 6 inches now) in a 90 gallon that finally finished cycling. I found the tank on the street a month or so ago and am only going to use it till my bigger tank arrives then ill probably put my convicts in there. Anyways, I put the oscars in and the next morning I woke up to the brace on the bottom of the tank. I didn't see any bowing but I didn't want it to blow out so I drained it and now there back in the 55. I have aquarium silicone but Iv'e never had to put a brace on a tank before and I was just wondering if I should take any precautions or if you have any special tips on putting the brace back on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tank Trouble 3 months 2 weeks ago #71587

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 438
:woohoo: luck in a bad Situation. You also yould wage up with wet feet.
I would drain the tank in the 1/3 so to 30G. Clean the side and Center braces with a a soft metal brush on a power drill. Clean it with rubbing alkohol/ Aceton and glue silicone the Center brace back on with 2 to 3 days of curing, secured with clamps.

In the meanwhole if needed put a devider in the tank so that the Oscars don't kill each other as long the water level is low.

If you don't wanna do this right now and repair the tank after rehoming the Oscars you also could build a wooden frame out of plywood.

What worrys me more as the problem above is the seems and glas holding structures. If a sealing popps off or starts to fail it is at least time for a renewing of the inner sealings or a rebuild.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds