My oscar is leaning to its side?

Post questions you have about keeping Oscars here.

Postby StrmStlkr » Mon May 14, 2001 7:58 pm

I was just wondering if it is normal to see my oscar sitting on the bottom of the gravel and leaning a tad bit on his side. I was hoping he was just sleeping but i always get scared because i think hes dying. My water parameters are perfect and he looks healtier than i have ever seen him. Is he sleeping or is there something wrong?
StrmStlkr
Microgeophagus ramirezi

Postby Ryan Achenbach » Mon May 14, 2001 9:41 pm

Don't panic....you will see this a lot. Oscars tend to be lazy at times or better put, they know how to chill out and relax! You will also see them swimming sideways, etc. It looks like a typical dying fish but they are fine....enjoy the uniqueness. Of course, this is all going on the fact you said your water tests were o.k. but i'm sure you know how to test the water. Enjoy your new o !!
Ryan Achenbach

Postby bdymvn » Mon May 14, 2001 10:37 pm

I love oscars!!! mine does this often looks like he's drunk! i think that it's just a ploy " if I act like I am dying he will surely come give me some attention and I will beg. Out of happiness that I am OK he will FEED ME!!" Some times I think my O is smarter Than me!! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] Peace Scott
bdymvn
Symphysodon discus

Postby AmyJo » Tue May 15, 2001 9:58 am

My little O gave me quite a laugh the other nigh. I was watching him before I went to bed. He decided that it was his bed time also. I saw him swim to the front of a cave that is slightly shorter than he is. Then, he backed up into it sideways, and laid down on the gravel! He also turned his eyes so it looked like they were closed! I swear, if I had walked in and saw him like that, sideways, under a cave, with an expression like that, I would have FREAKED! I just HAD to call OTC in to see that, so I have some cooberation!

After laughing, my mind began to wander and I thought about making him a little sand pillow........
AmyJo
Advice Team
Advice Team

Postby JOE BOB » Tue May 15, 2001 10:04 am

My Albino O, Bonnie will actually swim inverted with her tail over her head while looking for food scraps on the bottom of my tank, its tripped out!!!
JOE BOB
Microgeophagus ramirezi

Return to Oscar Fish Help & Advice