Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 Fishing Thread

2017 Fishing Thread 2 weeks 4 days ago #70931

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 405
@rush, nice fishes as always, but still remember fish are also friends not just sport :pinch:

I also had a short Session yesterday. Till the game ward was complaining that i keeped live baits in a keepnet what seems now also forbidden :S

Love german laws, no limit on ruds or gobbys, because they are kind of pests you are even admited to not set them back.
So killing them without reason to make them fetrilizer or cat food is ok but using them as live bait is forbidden and animal curelty.

Well at least the dutchys and belgish that are not far away have sane laws, allowing and even promoting catch and release (also forbidden in germany) and have an far better natural fish population.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Fishing Thread 1 week 6 days ago #70956

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 477
It baffles me that I have never really stepped into the world of fall bass fishing before. And perhaps this is an exceptional year, I wouldn't know never having really done it before but I am stunned at the quality of fish I've caught in the past 2 weeks. Usually this time of year I'm dusting of the bow, sighting in the rifle and getting my shot back on my 12 gauge. But since we have one tournament left, I've been adamant about keeping up with the fish. Keeping my skills up and just getting a feel for what the fish are doing. Let me tell you what they are doing... they are eating.. a lot. I unfortunately lost a clip of a 19 incher that I caught that had what I assumed to be a bluegill tail sticking out of its gullet as I unhooked my 3/8 ounce flipping jig from it's mouth. An average 19 incher is probably around 4 lbs, and I'm positive this fish as over 5. Just fat as hell. I've got a little go pro footage from yesterday so maybe I'll throw something together.

And my buddies new PB. A 21 inch 7lb 1oz chunker. Just an absolute beast.
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine

2017 Fishing Thread 1 week 1 day ago #70972

• ted
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Sweet fish! I am looking forward to the water cooling off here.

I wonder how the fishing is with the water up a couple feet with all this rain. Probably terrible.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds