Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 Fishing Thread

2017 Fishing Thread 3 months 3 days ago #70815

• ted
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Great fish and great smiles! She is growing up, Rush! (I mean your daughter :) )
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Fishing Thread 3 months 3 days ago #70816

• kmuda
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 904
Rush... please tell your wife she looks great.... and not just looks great for having two kids. You cannot even tell she's had two kids. Must have one hell of a workout regiment.
120g - Tiger Oscar, Parrot Cichlid, SDs | 55g - 24 Year Old Kissing Gourami
55g - Angelfish/Bolivan Rams | 40g GBRs - 20g Apistos
65g Blackwater Planted Discus Tank
4 Cats, 2 Shelties, 1 Rat Terrier, 1 wife, 1 old lady, 1 sub-adult, 1 rug rat.

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 4 weeks ago #70837

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 477
She has this great work out regimen called 'ridiculous metabolism'. But I'll pass along the sentiment. :)
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 4 weeks ago #70839

• kmuda
  • Admin
~rush~ wrote:
She has this great work out regimen called 'ridiculous metabolism'.)

Then it's a gift from God..... who for some reason decided I was not worthy of such a gift. :S

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 3 weeks ago #70901

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Took a buddy out last weekend for the day. We hit Union lake, and found the fatties. The fall bite is on hard and the large fish are on the move. Biggest fish was just shy of 19 inches, smallest was probably a 14 incher, but the vast majority were between 15-17 and all good and fat. A hell of a day. I think we boated 20 or so fish. Almost all on 3/8 ounce flipping jigs. Skipped under docks. I got a few on the frog, and I think a few on a pegged texas rig, but the jig bite was key that day. Damn good day. Still hunting for my 20 incher for the year....

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 3 weeks ago #70920

• kmuda
  • Admin
I'm envious.;Between the two jobs I've only been fishing once this year. :(

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 2 weeks ago #70922

• ted
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
K, I though you slowed down. What's this two jobs thing?

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 2 weeks ago #70923

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
Been thinkin about ya Vince. Hang in there man. Until you get back at it, I'm holding down the fort out there.

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 2 weeks ago #70924

• kmuda
  • Admin
ted wrote:
K, I though you slowed down. What's this two jobs thing?

The company I've been working (previously, the largest "Elder Care" company in the U.S.) for the last 25 years is saleing off all assets and shutting down. A friend of mine is director of IT at another health care entity here in the city and had a job opening. To keep that opening... open.... I started working there at nights (and some weekends) while I continue to hold down the previous job as they work towards getting all their assets sold. In other words, I took the second job to make sure I had a job when the first job eventually does disintegrate.

Now.... the kicker is... I learned yesterday, the company of the second job is now being bought up by a hospital chain, so the future of that job is in also in doubt.

I have a bumper sticker on my care that reads.....

ObamaCare and lack of tort reform has really thrown the health care industry into a spin. It has become like Cable TV or the "Bell" companies back in the day where there will eventually only be a single regional player owning what basically constitutes a government sponsored monopoly for that region. Not to enter a political discussion, but the Tom Clancy reading side of me looks at what is going on and thinks...... a total government take over of healthcare becomes possible with only a few regional providers to deal with.

2017 Fishing Thread 2 months 2 weeks ago #70928

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 413
I understand your concerns but you have to admit both totally private and nationslized health care System has his pros and cons.

I have to admit the Situation, here at us that it becomes more and more in costs and less in service, it is no secret that a quater to 1 Million forginers per year that slip directly under this umbrella that will mostly not work in the next 6 to 12 years out of lack of education, language skills and job training or other reasons will not be handable long term.

At the other side on The private sector, insurance companys are like Mafia networks, they don't make money on sick people and in the Case of cases they even try to ripp you a new hole by trying to not pay by some hidden loop holes.
Some people even may never will get a chance for propper insurance depending on there condition. No offense to you mate but with your medical history i bet you are also not the dream customer of an private insurance company and that your fee would be pretty high. What is with people that may can't handle two or even one job because of there conditions but are in need of regulary medical aid? Let them die?

My feeling this hole industry wIll get a major change in the next 10 to 20 years, a construction worker, dry wall builder, roofer, painter will be mostly done pyhsicly in there mid 50s. People becoming older and older in bigger numbers. They will may not be able to work or pay for themself for 2 to 3 decades. There is no way someone with an regular income could afford a private saving for this and still make a living and pay 400 to 600 bucks beides propperty rent, food and mobility for health insurance.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds