Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HITH Treatment

HITH Treatment 2 months 1 week ago #72213

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
So, after getting rid of the carbon, how should I order my canister's media (top to bottom)?

I know it should with rough mechanical, then fine mechanical like the polishing pads. After that, I'm a bit lost.

If I add Purigen, where would it be located in the canister?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HITH Treatment 2 months 1 week ago #72216

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
You can keep everything the same....just take out the carbon and replace it with Purigen. I believe Seachem recommends putting the Purigen in the same spot where you put your carbon; however, lots of folks put their Purigen so the filtered water hits it very last before going back into the tank.

If I were running Purigen in an Oscar tank, I'd set it up as follows: Intake --> Heavy mechanical --> Mechanical sponges --> biomedia --> floss/polishers --> Output

HITH Treatment 2 months 1 day ago #72229

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks. Do you personally use Purigen? It seems pretty cost efficient considering that it's supposedly 5 times better at filtering out impurities and can be "recharged".

I just finished reading www.seachem.com/purigen.php

Are they just exaggerating this stuff?

HITH Treatment 2 months 1 day ago #72231

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
Oscarmon wrote:
Thanks. Do you personally use Purigen? It seems pretty cost efficient considering that it's supposedly 5 times better at filtering out impurities and can be "recharged".

I just finished reading www.seachem.com/purigen.php

Are they just exaggerating this stuff?

I don't personally use it. My water is clear so there's really no need from that perspective. Water changes keep my nitrates as low as I can keep them so never felt compelled to give it a try to substantiate any nitrate management claims.

That said, there's a lot of anecdotal claims on the internet regarding it's veracity as an effective water polisher. Although I believe those claims, I have no personal experience.

You believe carbon is playing a key role in your good water quality. Purigen would likely give you better results and will also provide a healthier environment for your Oscar than using carbon.
  • Page:
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds