Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Transfer trauma

Transfer trauma 2 months 1 day ago #71083

• Gator2249
  • Poecilia reticulata
  • Thank you received: 1
So the mystery deepens. I had been doing 50% water changes weekly when they were in the 75 and consistently had nitrates around 40-80. Osmotic shock would explain everything but one silver dollar. Except now moved the 2 SD I had as canaries in the 75 back into the 90 yesterday afternoon. Same water temp and parameters. No signs of stress or illness. A few hours later one silver dollar started to isolate from the pack and then sink belly up not moving but still breathing. I moved it to the 75 and this evening is 100% back to normal. If it's silicone why are other silvers doing fine and my buddies tank having 0 problems with the exact same product? If it's the fish why recover when moved to another tank? Has to be something in the 90........
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfer trauma 2 months 1 day ago #71087

• Ernie14
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 84
Can you tell us your current stocking for each of the tanks, water parameters for each tank and what you are testing water with?
150 gallon 2x Tiger Oscars

Transfer trauma 2 months 1 day ago #71089

• blackcougar
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 57
I'm sorry for your loss of the Oscar and SDs

my pair of longfin Oscars who were the only inhabitants other than 3 snails.

If I'm reading your post correctly. you have two oscars in a 90 gallon? Then added SD without quarantining them first, running media in city water which confounded the problem very quickly killing off the beneficial bacteria causing your tank to go through a cycle.

I'm going to be the bearer of bad news in all of this. A 90 gallon is not large enough to house two Oscars long term. One Oscar with a few SDs is okay. Considering the tank was over stocked caused the problems to accelerate.

I would highly recommend to concentrate on the one Oscar. Do not get another Oscar unless you plan to upgrade to a 150 gallon tank for proper long term care.
65 gallon
2 yellow tail aceis
1 Blue neon peacock
6 cobue peacock fry
3 female cobue peacocks
2 Synodontis lucipinnis

5.5 Gallon
red finned, blue and white marbled Delta tail betta
1 mystery snail

30 gallon
20 cobue peacock fry

The psych meter has gone from sane to insane.

Transfer trauma 2 months 14 hours ago #71102

• santamonicahelp
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 5
Is that one silver dollar still in the 75, or did you put it back in its original tank? How is it doing now?

-Kamran
My name is ?? I work for SantaMonica
Research Studies
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds