Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A little worried

A little worried 3 months 4 days ago #70800

So I rescued my oscar from LFS and was brought in like 2 weeks ago they didn't tell me exactly why he was exchanged or brought in. I know he's in a new home so that may be why he's acting weird, but I'm worried. Do any of you think maybe they brought him in because he constantly hides and lays down when you approach the tank? I'm sitting on the couch literally 4 feet from him and he's swimming and looks very healthy and happy. But even when I just get up from the couch he goes and hides. Just curious I don't want him to just do that every time haha. Any ideas would help. Thanks guys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A little worried 3 months 4 days ago #70801

• JAJameson2010
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
He might need more time to settle in. Does he have hiding places in his tank? Easy way to do this is to add a bunch of plastic plants. just floating on the top will work. Both of my oscars went through a scared phase. If I remember correctly it was around the 1 year old mark. Not sure if all oscars do though. Is he eating normally? If so, I wouldn't worry. He just might need more time.

Jessica

A little worried 3 months 4 days ago #70802

Ya he's eating and has plenty of hiding spots

A little worried 3 months 4 days ago #70803

• beretta96
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 113
I don't think you should be worried. You've only had him a couple days. If it really bothers you, I'd give him a lot of face time time....sitting in front of the tank just watching and interacting with him a bit. He'll begin recognizing & trusting you. Feeding him will go along way with him associating goodness with you....it will be good - don't sweat it.

A little worried 3 months 4 days ago #70804

• blackcougar
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 57
Oscars are sulkers. They can sulk up to a month. As long as he's eating, he should start coming out of his shell soon
65 gallon
2 yellow tail aceis
1 male cobue peacock
3 female cobue peacocks
1 male blood dragon
2 Synodontis lucipinnis

5.5 Gallon
Delta tail betta

The psych meter has gone from sane to insane.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds