Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need someone to adopt my Claudia

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 6 days ago #70496

• mike34
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,
Claudia has been afflicted with HITH for a long time now. She is about 2 years old. I have her in a 75 gallon tank. I have tried everything to help her. I have tried multiple water changes, I have tried putting medicine into her food. (metro something).

Despite my best efforts, Claudia is still afflicted with this disease. She is otherwise very healthy. Great appetite, very active, But the disease is getting worse. I know that is a fatal condition,. and I do not want to watch her die.

I have asked the local aquarium if they would take her. They will not. I have considered letting her go in the local lake. That, it turns out is irresponsible, and out of the question.

The reason I am posting this is to find someone who would be willing to adopt my Claudia. I believe its called an Oscar rescue.
I live on Long Island, and I would be able to deliver Claudia anywhere that she would be cared for.
Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 6 days ago #70497

• blackcougar
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 56
have you attempted a full dosage instead of just soaking the food?
65 gallon
2 yellow tail aceis
1 male cobue peacock
3 female cobue peacocks
1 male blood dragon
2 Synodontis lucipinnis

5.5 Gallon
Delta tail betta

The psych meter has gone from sane to insane.

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 6 days ago #70498

• mike34
Yes. I believe she has gotten the full dosage. I have been using the frozen blood worms. I separate the worms into three, mouth size portions. I then sprinkle the medicine on each portion, and mix it in. Claudia will swallow all three portions, from the tip of a spoon. I do this every, for day 4 days.. This has been repeated several times, but there is no Improvement.
Mike

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 4 days ago #70519

• FreshyFesh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
What is your water change schedule and how much water do you change? Are you measuring for nitrates?
75g a tiger oscar and a green severum
55g community tank with plants
55g goldfish tank
29g community tank with plants

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 2 days ago #70523

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 111
You clearly care for Claudia. I've watched the folks on this site help a number of folks clear up even severe HITH issues. Freshy posed two questions that will help us understand necessary details of your current state situation and how to help you improve them such that Claudia's HITH is no longer on the verge of becoming fatal.

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 2 days ago #70526

• mike34
beretta96,
Yes, my wife and I have become very attached to Claudia. It's just so hard to see her in this condition.
I was hoping to find her a good home. Someone who would take care of her.

I had no idea how filthy Oscar fish are. I knew that they were messy, but this is way too much for me to handle..
I just do not have the energy to constantly be cleaning the tank, and changing the water.

I clean the glass with the magnet. It comes out great. I change the water with the Python, that also works great. I vacuum the shit out of the gravel.
The tank stays clean for a few days, and then it's time to do it all over again. Like I said, I just don’t have the time, and energy, to keep up with this tank.

Claudia deserves better. She needs a better caretaker than me.
If I could find her a new home, I think that would be best. If not, I am going to have to get off of my ass, and start changing that water every day.

FreshyFesh
I have never had any nitrates turn up on a test strip. When I change the water, I do it to fin level.

Need someone to adopt my Claudia 4 months 21 hours ago #70527

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 111
mike34 wrote:
...I had no idea how filthy Oscar fish are. I knew that they were messy, but this is way too much for me to handle..
I just do not have the energy to constantly be cleaning the tank, and changing the water....

Yeah....they're definitely messy!! I originally planned to keep mine in a 75g but found I couldn't keep the water healthy enough so mine is now in a 125g.

I wouldn't worry about how much waste is physically in the tank. All things considered, I'd feed it once / day, every other day. That should allow you to only have to do a fin level water change w/ gravel vac every 4-5 days. What do you feed it and how big are the serving sizes?

In the mean time, continually of advertising him/her on Craigslist may eventually allow you to find a taker. Best of luck finding a new caretaker.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds