Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Health of Swapping tanks

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70258

• MarshyMellowFluff
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Just Keep Swimming!
  • Thank you received: 37
Are there any kids in the house? Any new foods added to diet or decorations added/removed from the aquarium?

Question for everyone, Does prime expire/cause ill effects if it's "gone bad"? Not really sure, but I kinda doubt this last one based on the fact you're doing weekly water changes and haven't had issues till now.. Just trying to rule out a few more things that I'm thinking of.. Wouldn't be possible someone refilled the prime bottle with another liquid? Lol! I'm just grabbing at thin air now :lol:
125G - Two Oscars, X2 Emperor 400W, X2 Ehiem Jager Heater 200W, DIY LED Light.
55G - One Oscar, Ehiem Jager Heater 200W, Emperor 400, Fluval 305, DIY LED Light.
10G- Otocinclus Catfish, Neon Tetras, Aquaclear 30, Aqueon Incandescent Strip Light,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70260

• Scott49
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 3
So ill go back to my original question.. if i put new filters again rinse out the sponge filter all new fresh water and media from canister filter do you think it would be safe to add my oscars after a few days of cycle .... i will prob add one of the small bottles of bacteria to add fresh bacteria to the tank
3 little O's

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70262

• MarshyMellowFluff
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Just Keep Swimming!
I feel like without knowing what caused the illness to come on so quickly in your goldfish tank it would be hard to say if the oscars would be safe or not in there. It could be anything really, and I'd hate to see your oscars suffer the same way. Hope it was a freak accident, but you never know.
55G - One Oscar, Ehiem Jager Heater 200W, Emperor 400, Fluval 305, DIY LED Light.
10G- Otocinclus Catfish, Neon Tetras, Aquaclear 30, Aqueon Incandescent Strip Light,

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70264

• Scott49
I just noticed the last guy is getting large white spots and big one on his eye
3 little O's

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70265

• MarshyMellowFluff
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Just Keep Swimming!
Scott49 wrote:
I just noticed the last guy is getting large white spots and big one on his eye
Scott49 wrote:
ive notice some major loss of color and he twitches alot when he tries to swim...

Is there any way you could take a picture and upload, or a video? Photobucket is what we usually use to upload pictures, YouTube works good for videos :)

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70266

• Scott49
3 little O's

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70267

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 114
Scott49 wrote:
... if i put new filters again rinse out the sponge filter all new fresh water and media from canister filter do you think it would be safe to add my oscars after a few days of cycle ...

Unless you have 100% better luck than the three times I used bacteria in a bottle, it's going to take more than a few days before those filters will be cycled.

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70269

• blackcougar
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 57
Honestly I wouldn't chance it after something like that. If you don't know what caused it, then what's to say it won't happen to the Oscars? You could always move the 95 gallon into the house....

so i was confused as to why so i did another 30% and put new filters in the tank and double dosed the prime...

Did you test for ammonia by any chance? Don't say fine, please post the number
65 gallon
2 yellow tail aceis
1 Blue neon peacock
6 cobue peacock fry
3 female cobue peacocks
2 Synodontis lucipinnis

5.5 Gallon
red finned, blue and white marbled Delta tail betta
1 mystery snail

30 gallon
20 cobue peacock fry

The psych meter has gone from sane to insane.

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70270

• MarshyMellowFluff
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Just Keep Swimming!
Scott49 wrote:
Tank water
nitrate 15-20ppm
nitrite 0ppm
hardness is 75
alkalinity 0
ph 7.2

tap water
nitrate 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
hardness 75
alkalinity 0
ph 6.8

im using the 5 in 1 test kit as my api master is at my office and for got to bring home so i use this one as a back up... seems to be exact same as my api when i do a back to back test to confirm if things are spiking...

Any chance you can bring home the master test kit today? We usually use liquid test kits because the results are more reliable in my opinion.. I've never used strips, no offence, I've just always considered them to be inaccurate.. Just remember, NitrAte bottle #2 needs to be shaken very well, maybe even smacked off a table or your palm a dozen times. Particles can settle and be hard to knock back up into the mixture. If not shaken well it will cause incorrect results. Usually I shake my bottle for a few minutes hitting it off tables my palm or leg.

As for the fish, I'm really unsure of what is going on. I'm not the most educated on fish diseases, I'm still learning. But it looks like the eye with the white spot is swollen, is that correct or maybe it's just the angle? It almost appears as if it's a burn of some type, the body is very irritated, it looks red around the outside of the spots in the picture, which makes me think infection will set in if not cleaned up good. But I really could be off by a landslide.. I'm just so puzzled as to what happened.

Health of Swapping tanks 7 months 1 week ago #70271

• Scott49
it is swollen and he is still hanging in been doing 10% water change twice a day just so its not a shock.. when I add water I always temp match before I start adding it so its not a shock in temp swing.. there is no heaters in the tank cause the temp bounces between 68-70 depending if I have the ac on at home.. so its not a burn.. I will be bringing my api home today ... will post pic tonight.. he seems a little more lively today and not breathing as heavy as he was before looks a little more relaxed
3 little O's
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds