Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help/answers fast? Please Read.

Need help/answers fast? Please Read. 4 years 8 months ago #1169

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 477
If you are posting for the first time and need help or answers quickly there are certain things that should be included in your initial post. Answering these questions up front will expedite our ability to provide you with answers. These include:

Tank Set Up:
*The size of the tank
*A list of the fish in the tank
*How long the tank has been set up
*Whether the tank has completed the nitrogen cycle (if you know)
*Tank filtration

Water Parameters:
Your post should also include test results. Give the actual numbers. Do not just say “all tests are ok”.

*Ammonia
*Nitrites
*Nitrates
*pH
*KH
*Temperature

We recommend the API Freshwater Master test kits, not dip strips which are notoriously inaccurate and easily contaminated. If you do not have test kits, most local fish and pet stores will be happy to test your water for you. Just take a sample into the store in a clean container. Write down the results so that you will remember them when you get home.

You can find a few tips on how to test your water here.

Additional Information:

Other information should be provided when appropriate to your question. This includes other tank mates, decorations in the tank, type of substrate, chemicals used etc. Here you want to include anything that might have contributed to the problem for which you are seeking advice.

Finally, you should describe the problem. Note any odd behaviors, marks on the fish, unusual substances on the fish, disfigurations, etc. This will help us to focus on the problem and come up with a reliable diagnosis.

You may also want to include pictures. If you are not sure how to post pictures please take a look at our Tutorial.
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guppy5, victor, Riabandia, smitty23, Tian
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds