Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2 Adult Tiger Oscars, Red Devil, others for sale!

2 Adult Tiger Oscars, Red Devil, others for sale! 3 months 3 days ago #72135

I have 2 Tiger Oscars, 'Oscar' and 'Rascal', along with several other Cichlids for sale.

I love these fish but I have other more important things I need to handle.

Here's my Craigslist ad, I really want these fish to go to a good home, but not for free.
southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/6619228557.html

They'll wind up in the local lake for lack of a good home with an intelligent offer.

Please hit me up with any questions or offers, and thanks for looking!

- Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2 Adult Tiger Oscars, Red Devil, others for sale! 3 months 2 days ago #72138

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
They look good for the most part...

I would consider except that I'm in Pennsylvania and am not willing to drive that far :(

Local lake? What are the water parameters of the lake? Will they be fed?
I think this might be a death sentence for these 'tamed' creatures used to being fed be an owner. Plus during the winter they're going to get a surprising chill they aren't used to back at home.

I've never done anything like this and it would probably be best if you waited a little until a more experienced member helps out. :dry:

2 Adult Tiger Oscars, Red Devil, others for sale! 3 months 1 day ago #72141

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
[email protected] wrote:
....They'll wind up in the local lake for lack of a good home with an intelligent offer....

Yeah...a bit surprising that you'd put them into a lake where they are assured to live less than a year if you don't get the money you want for them.

Locally owned fish stores will often take valuable fish off your hands....they may even be willing to give you $20 for them given they'll likely get more than 3x that much for them when sold. Given that you love those fish, it seems reasonable to give them a chance for a good life by driving them to a locally owned fish store and getting $0-20 for them rather than driving releasing them into a lake and guaranteeing a certain and quick death.

Euthanasia via clove oil would be better solution for something you love than releasing them into a lake.

2 Adult Tiger Oscars, Red Devil, others for sale! 3 months 1 day ago #72145

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 444
Just my two Cents but I think this is not just very unethical but also very illegal to release pets and non native fish into the wild.

Please donate them to a fish store for free or ask a local aquarium Club. This people will most likley take them from you if they become a burden. But please don't release and sentence them to death just for economical reasons and a few Dollars.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds