Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BIG Tanks

BIG Tanks 3 months 4 days ago #72149

• Aquamoo
  • Microgeophagus ramirezi
  • Thank you received: 2
Where do you guys get all of your big tanks from? In California (USA), all of the local stores only have tanks that go up to 150 gallons. Online, all of the tanks seem super overpriced once they get over 100 gallons. I found this one which seems decently priced: bit.ly/2yyjVRc and im thinking about getting it someday. However with this tank the wet/dry filter seems to cost way to much money (+ $1,100 to tank price which was $2,591) and I would probably make my own to save money.

Also I was wondering if anyone has had any success with buying used tanks as they can be way cheaper than buying new.

Thank you,
Aquamoo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BIG Tanks 3 months 4 days ago #72150

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
I've never ordered or purchased one over 100 gallons. I'm pretty sure they're so overpriced because of the packaging/shipping although it seems a mystery to me :confused:

And yes, they are over priced. I saw a 10 gallon at WalMart for $10. Online it was from $25-50!

I got a used tank from a neighbor. It's definitely under 100 gallons but is higher than the 49 gallon bowfront. The only drawbacks to a used tank include scratches and possible leaks. You don't know what's been in it either.
So yes I guess I had success since my O is alive. Just ugly scratches on the side...

BIG Tanks 3 months 4 days ago #72151

• Oscarmon
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 6
You can try Craigslist. geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/ca
Just put down the extra info and you might have luck.

Also, if yo're willing to drive far enough, you could check out this. giantaquariums.com/2014/03/20/350-gallon...assy-creek-virginia/
It seems like a fair deal depending on how you would get it home.

BIG Tanks 3 months 4 days ago #72155

• DMD4321
  • Apistogramma agassizii
  • Thank you received: 17
This is my experience using an online company:
www.oscarfish.com/forum/equipment-and-ac...ariums-com-tank.html

I hate acrylic tanks so I chose glass. Shipping on these big tanks is outrageous so I had purchased enough with the tank/stand combo that shipping was included. I did not want the headache of a used tank, been down that road. This tank was new and has a lifetime warranty so Im happy.
My tanks:
300g - H. Pearsei x1, P. heterospilus x1, Bichirs x 6
65B - Hairy Puffer x1
65B - Wild Columbia Oscars x3

BIG Tanks 3 months 3 days ago #72156

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 123
All my tanks are Craigslist or were given to me to get them out of their garages. Resealed the ones from the garages.
Moderators: sprout, ~rush~, screwsloose
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds