Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Restocking 55g

Restocking 55g 1 week 2 days ago #70765

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
~rush~ wrote:
If not, then you are somewhat at the mercy of whatever floats through your local ma and pa shops or big chains.

A good packed chain store also should be able to order what ever you want but after taxing the price will not be lower at all as for ordering online.
Si there is no reason at all to limit yourself if you are willing to pay for a fish 30 to 50 bucks.
The money is lost anyways than it dosen't matter, even if you wanna switch in a couple of years you will not get the money you once invested back anyways until you may breed something really rare what is hard to arcive or get it as a juvi and sell it as an fully grown and sexed adult but Cichlids deffently don't belong in this group at all.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Restocking 55g 1 week 2 days ago #70768

• ~rush~
  • Senior Mod
  • Thank you received: 476
Local ma and pa shops are still at the mercy of their whole salers and vendors. I waited six months for an order to come through from a local ma and pa shop for a G. brasiliensis... and when it finally came in and was A. pulcher... :huh: At least around here, they are not what I would call reputable. Chain stores aren't even worth mentioning. I've seen both big chains here consistently mislabel almost every single popular large CA/SA cichlid. I kid you not. It's become so ridiculous that they dont' even try to identify them anymore, they just label the tank "large cichlids". What a joke.

Ordering online is much much more reliable and you know exactly what is in stock at that very moment. Between Jeff Rapps, and the Wet spot, you should be able to get your hands on pretty much whatever you want, unless you're searching for something that's top shelf.
"My Country is the World, and my Religion is to do good." -Thomas Paine

Restocking 55g 1 week 2 days ago #70770

• toom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
~rush~ wrote:
Local ma and pa shops are still at the mercy of their whole salers and vendors. I waited six months for an order to come through from a local ma and pa shop for a G. brasiliensis... and when it finally came in and was A. pulcher... :huh: At least around here, they are not what I would call reputable. Chain stores aren't even worth mentioning. I've seen both big chains here consistently mislabel almost every single popular large CA/SA cichlid. I kid you not. It's become so ridiculous that they dont' even try to identify them anymore, they just label the tank "large cichlids". What a joke.

Ordering online is much much more reliable and you know exactly what is in stock at that very moment. Between Jeff Rapps, and the Wet spot, you should be able to get your hands on pretty much whatever you want, unless you're searching for something that's top shelf.

That is much the Case of most stores here. CA or any SA cichlid away from Angels, Discus, rams, blue acaras and Apistos becomed rare. Of course there are sie top stores like Panta Rhei or Tillmann that got anything rare you can think off and are like candy stores for ppl like us. But the main thing here is since years the main view on the nano tanks and scaping.
There are some wild stores that have like in your case several mixes but it seems most of this is like given for free from customers. Dirty hybrids, sunken bellys or way to less feeded there whole life and way to small.

Saw for some time two Oscars. Full of holes, partly healed, scaring, ripped fins and very dull. One also was strangly bended. I saw alot of Oscars but never one like this. He was just pain ugly but there remaining pattern looked still nice and clean. What a wanted potential. The guy working there told me i could get an discount if I got both for 50 bucks.
No thanks.
We need to stop talking about the people as if they were the crown of creation.

Restocking 55g 1 week 1 day ago #70773

• beretta96
  • Aequidens rivulatus
  • Thank you received: 104
~rush~ wrote:
...Between Jeff Rapps, and the Wet spot, you should be able to get your hands on pretty much whatever you want, unless you're searching for something that's top shelf.

I got a kribensis pair from Wetspot ~4-6 months ago. Shipping was $~45.00 from the west coast to the Midwest. They were absolutely great to work with. As they were pulling them out of the tank, something made them uncomfortable delivering them. They asked if they could delay shipment for about a week to ensure they were well. I was impressed with that. Would definitely buy from them again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds